Finishes!

I am on a kick to finish works in progress and I did a pretty good job over the last week.

First up is my whole cloth quilt from this spring's Handstitched Camp at Stitched in Color.


I just love seeing this vibrant print from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party line.  I sure wish I could get my hands on some more of this!  I quilted around the flowers and leaves in pink, green and blue perle cotton.  The back is a Free Spirit Designer Solid (I have to consult my swatch card) and it is gloriously soft - I love these solids!


My next finish is another quilt.  This one coincided nicely with the Tula Pink Quilt Along, with time to spare before the deadline! I actually was thinking of making a quilt from her new book, and I probably still will - it is fantastic! - but not in time for the quilt along.



I saw a quilt with this design in a Kaffe Fassett book a while back and have had the general idea in my head for a while.  When I bought a pack of Tula Pink Birds & Bees 6 inch charm square I decided to use the blue/green colorway for this quilt.  I matched it up with some Kona Solids and bound it with Swallow Skies in Apple.


The back is the same Free Spirit Solid I used in the AMH quilt.

I actually listed this in my etsy shop.

My final finish is a swaddle blanket using fabrics from Monaluna's Fox Hollow organic fabric line.


I made a ton of the bias tape from the Fox Hollow Red Stripe, so I think I will be making another one soon.  It is backed in flannel and has rounded edges.  I love using these swaddle blankets and figure if it doesn't sell in my etsy shop, I will use it for my own babe come April!

I hope your week is off to a great start! xo, Courtney




Comments

  1. You get an A plus on everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is just beautiful, Courtney. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wholecloth quilt is lovely! and i'm tempted by the alphabet blanket... too bad the little one is not into swaddling anymore and won't even stay put on play mats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fox hollow fabric is sooooo cute. Loved seeing your finished Garden Party. What a great print for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts